2012 Polaris Industries 600 Switchback® Pro-R
On-Trail Performance. Off-Trail Capability.
The all-new Switchback Pro-R delivers versatility without compromise, a combination of RUSH handling with off-trail flotation. The Switchback inspires confidence whether the trail is a freshly groomed or chopped up. Pick your line and the sled holds perfectly. Featuring a 136" PRO-RIDE progressive-rate rear suspension and a new IFS developed in conjunction with Polaris Racing, the new PRO-RIDE Switchback delivers the smoothest ride yet. By using an uncoupled design, we are able to build a sled that is more fun to ride, with great weight transfer, a wider sweet spot that requires less adjustment and unmatched offtrail capability. Watch your buddies try to keep up.
- Switchback Comfort Seat: Take the best seat in the house. A wider more comfortable seat that provides an ideal blend of cushion and support. The Switchback seat height also allows the rider to easily transition from seated to standing as the conditions dictate.
- Optional Security System: Prevents unauthorized driveaway of idling sled, can be installed by dealer on sleds with Pro-Ride Gauge.
- Race-Proven Front Suspension: Lighter steering, sharper cornering. Developed in conjunction with the Polaris Racing program. Its performance and durability were proven in extensive on- and off-track testing, and the new IFS delivers significantly enhanced handling with flatter, more precise cornering and 20% reduced steering effort.
- Walker Evans Needle Shocks: Premium shocks with compression adjusters and remote reservoirs offer the best in tunability and fade-proof performance. Unique needle design uses hydraulic force at the end of the stroke to eliminate harsh bottoming.
- Lightweight Silencer: Light weight silencer sheds 7 lbs. of weight and features trail-friendly noise levels.
- Lightweight Rotor & Jackshaft: Reducing rotating mass allows for a sled with quicker response. These parts combine to offer a 2.5 lb. reduction of rotating mass. New lightweight, purpose-built RMK brake system. Featuring the proven Cyclone master cylinder mated to a lightweight, single-piston caliper.
- Cobra 1.352" Track: Designed for aggressive trail traction and control. Integrated tunnel protection allows you to stud up to a 1.75" track.
- 136" Pro-Ride Rear Suspension: Chatter bumps? What chatter bumps? The skid that you asked for. All the positive attributes of the industry's only progressive-rate rear suspension with the added flotation and bump-bridging characteristics of a 136" to deliver 50% better ride in the chatter. Virtually eliminates "spine tinglers" on trail, floats off-trail.
- Integrated Tunnel Protection: Integrated stud protection for up to 1.75" lug plus 3/8" stud.
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 489 / 222
- Overall Length (in./cm.): 115 / 292
- Overall Width (in./cm.): 48 / 122
- Overall Height (in./cm.): 46 / 117
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters): 11/41.12
- Engine Type/Cooling: Liberty / Liquid
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2, 599
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 77.25 x 64
- Ignition: Digital CDI w/TPS, WTS, DET
- Exhaust: SC VES, Single
- Fuel System: Cleanfire Injection
- Disc Brake Type: Phantom, Hydraulic w/ LWT Disc
- Drive/Driven Clutch: P-85 / P2
- Front Suspension: Pro-Ride
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 9 / 22.9
- Front Shocks: Walker Evans Piggyback
- Ski Type: Rush
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Ride
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 14 / 35
- Front Track Shock: Walker Evans Piggyback
- Rear Track Shock: Walker Evans Comp. Adj.
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 x 136 x 1.35 Cobra
- Steering: Fixed- 3.5" (89mm) Riser
- Electric Start: Option / Accessory
- Reverse: PERC
- Speedometer: Digital MFD
- Tachometer: Digital MFD
- Security System: Accessory
- Fuel Gauge: Digital MFD
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Digital MFD
- 12v-DC Outlet: Accessory
- 12V-AC RCA Style Connector: Accessory
- Handlebar Hooks: Std. Adjustable
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Std. Adjustable
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Seat Type: Pro-Ride Adventure
- Seat Support with Luggage: Accessory
- Windshield: Low, mid or tall
- Color / Graphics: Indy Red, Pro-R
- Engine Type
- 599 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 77.25 mm x 64 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Cleanfire Injection
- Digital CDI w/TPS, WTS, DET
- SC VES, Single
- Brake Type
- Phantom, Hydraulic w/ LWT Disc
- Drive Clutch
- Driven Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (22.9 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Travel
- 14 in. (35 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 in. W x 136 in. L x 1.35 in. H
- Digital MFD
- Digital MFD
- Fuel Capacity
- 11 gal. (41.12 l)
- Dry Weight
- 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Low, mid or tall
- Indy Red
- Electric Start
- Option / Accessory
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Std. Adjustable